Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

Today was my birthday - the big 36.  Do I feel a year older?  Absolutely.  It's amazing how the older you get the older you feel.  Ok, that sounded kind of corny but you know what I mean. It was a nice day overall.  Spent a morning with my MOMS group and got to talk about feelings.  Then headed back to the house and spent the afternoon with the boys.  Scott hadn't been feeling well so he went to the doctor and then came home and surprised me with a birthday cake!  I think the boys loved it even more than I did.  We had a nice dinner from New South Kitchen and watched an episode of Lost.  Scott saw fit to get me a new computer for my birthday!  I can't wait to pick one out and get on with using it.  This Thinkpad has served me well, but it's time to pass it on to the boys for their use and enjoyment.

Nick got his third round of smileys in a row.  I'm so proud of him and I think he is proud of himself.  He's trying to get 6 hours of wii time (2 weeks worth of smileys).  I know he's got it in him to do it.  He's such a smart kid and can do anything when he puts him mind to it. 

Andrew is having carseat issues lately.  I'm not sure what the problem is, but every time I put him in and drive, he cries.  I'm wondering if he wants to face forward.  I was hoping to be able to turn him around, but wouldn't you know, I take him to his one year well visit and they tell me that they are now recommending you wait until two years old to turn them around.  So backwards he will stay for a bit longer.  My husband is, of course protesting because his legs are so cramped in the front of the car.  We'll see if we can't just move it to the middle for longer trips.  Anyway, I ramble on.  American Idol calls so I'm signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment