Monday, February 22, 2010

Andrew's First Birthday

Well, my youngest is now officially one year old.  My parents came down this weekend to help us celebrate and we had a really nice time.  On Saturday afternoon after my parents got here we went for a walk at the Greenway for an hour or so.  My kids really love wandering around on the trails.  Nicholas is into exploring everything and was questioning grandma on how electricity works.  Alex started strong but then slowed down exponentially as usual and was done about a mile into the walk.  Andrew just chilled in the stroller and took it all in. 

After finishing up our walk, we headed over to The Waldhorn restaurant for a birthday dinner (yes it was more for us than him, but he did really enjoy the pretzel rolls and sausage).  We enjoyed delicious food some of which included a sausage sampler, rouladen, duck, and schnitzel.  After dinner we headed back to the house where we blew out candles and sang happy birthday to Andrew (pics to come shortly).  The next day we made homemade noodles while Andrew napped and then headed to Ikea for a little lunch and shopping in the afternoon.  I did buy a few small things including lingonberry jam, some candles, and some cups for the kids.  Andrew was so tired by the time that we got home that he didn't even eat dinner.  He just went straight to bed.

All in all it was a nice birthday celebration.  We all had a nice visit with my parents and now it is time to get back to in's and out's of day to day life.  The upside is that we are one day closer to spring and even though it's still February, it feels like spring is coming.  Maybe it's the rain today; I'm not sure.  All I know is bring it on.  I am so ready.

2 comments:

  1. Is he walking? My Xavier turned 1 just Tuesday and he's cruising but not yet walking. We had a very low key birthday as well. I don't get the moms who do a whole done up theme and hire petting zoos and whatnot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No walking yet. But my oldest didn't walk until close to 16 months and my middle one was even later at 17 months. So I'm not expecting anything to happen too soon. Happy Birthday to Xavier! I will admit we had more people over for my older kids first birthdays, but it was because we lived in Texas at the time which was a plane ride for the parents and no one could come, so we had a few friends over to celebrate instead. No petting zoo, though, I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete