Friday, February 5, 2010

the birthday party

Ha.  When I first wrote the title to this blog post I accidentally put partay and then thought about how that might be the more appropriate saying for it.  Alex's birthday party is tomorrow and he'll be four.  We're having a bowling theme and a handful of kids are coming in addition to his cousin.  I, of course, have taken on more than I probably should have for this event.  I made cookies (yes I feel the need to show them off to myself and my one follower - hi Amy!)

 
and will begin making the cake today.  I also made team bowling shirts for all the kids which were a pain in the you know what, but were cute enough when finished to be worth the effort.  To top it off, my SIL is hopefully coming down to stay with Alex's cousin so she can come to the party too.  I say hopefully because if  you live on the East Coast and haven't looked out your window lately, the weather stinks.  Freezing rain, regular rain, ice, snow... you name it, it's falling somewhere on the East coast.   If all goes well, people will show up, bowl and have a great time.  In the meantime though, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to do too much in too short a period of time.  

Next up, Andrew's birthday in two weeks and Nick's party in May.  He wants a lego Star Wars party, so you will be seeing deja vu of this post in a few short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment