Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grrr

Do you ever just wake up frustrated?  You're not even sure what the problem is, you just know the first person that talks to you is going to take the brunt of it?  That's how I feel this morning.  I feel like I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  I think I'm mostly frustrated about Nicholas, my five year old.  We continue to struggle with his focus issues and his teacher is really no help.  She sends these emails almost every day telling me how poorly my child is doing but offering no ways we can fix it.  I know he's smart and I know he can do the work, he just doesn't.  I've decided to hire a tutor for him once a week to see if that doesn't help.  She's another teacher from PSE.  When I told her about Nick's issues, she said that described pretty much her entire second grade class, which makes me wonder if Ms. Sherrill is being a little bit too hard on him.  This is kindergarten afterall.  Sometimes I just wish I could hear something good from her.  If we weren't so far into the school year, I'd consider moving him to another teacher, because I feel like she's just not a good fit for our family.

On another more positive note, the MOMS class went great.  The women are all so nice and everyone is in the same situation which is so reassuring.  I'm thinking it's really going to help me and I'm so glad I decided to join.  Scott and I also finally broke down and paid the HOA dues so that we could do some of the activities in our neighborhood.  We just joined the supper club and I think I'm going to see about joining the book club as well.  It's amazing that we don't recognize a single name in the supper club groups.  I thought I knew alot of people in this neighborhood, but clearly I was wrong.  I'm looking forward to getting to know a few more.

Anyway, time to sign off and get going with this day.  The exterminator is coming at 10am to check for termites (oh joy) and I want to get the upstairs cleaned today.  I'm sure you feel better now that you know that exciting tidbit from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment