Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MOMS group starts today

So I joined this MOMS group through my church that starts today and I'm really excited about it.  It's an eight week program that meets Wednesday mornings and centers around the issues of being a mom.  Loneliness, stress, low self esteem;  all the issues we moms feel on a daily basis but don't really feel like we can share with anyone.  While I don't regret moving to Charlotte, it hasn't been the easiest of adjustments.  I'm really hoping this class helps.  I've heard such positive accolades from women just like me who participated.  I'll let you know more after it's over today.

On other news fronts, Nicholas got all smileys from the teacher yesterday for focusing on all his tasks earning him a half hour of wii time.  I'm so proud of him for really putting forth the effort to have a good day.  The teacher is still on him like a cheap suit, but hopefully if we can have a few more days like yesterday, she'll back off a bit.  We've got an email out to a few teachers to hopefully get him some one on one tutoring help.  It can't hurt and if it goes well, we'll probably keep it up through the summer.

Speaking of summer, I know it's the dead of winter still, but dang if I'm not ready for summer to be here.  I'm tired of being cold and tired of getting up early.  It will be so nice to not have to drag my unexercised flabby rear end out of bed at 6:30 every morning.  The baby once again decided to get up at 5am, putting a damper on my beauty rest.  I let him go (he would cry or 10 minutes, sleep for 15 and then start over again for those of you who are about to cry foul for me letting my child cry it out), but he still didn't stop the cycle until 6am and by then there was no getting back to sleep.

Well, a shower calls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment