Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cookbook writing

Ok, so fiction is out for now and cookbook is in.  I know, I know, make up your mind already.  I just wasn't invested in fiction the way I should have been and when Scott mentioned cookbook, it just sounded so much more interesting to me.  I mean really; food meets writing.  What else do you need?  Anyway, I decided to do a camping cookbook for families.  It will be called Car Camping Cookbook:  A Family Guide to Making Great Meals in the Great Outdoors.  Right now I'm trying to get a list of delicious sounding foods and then I will go to work trying to devise a recipe for each of them.  I ordered a few books from Amazon on cookbook writing to hopefully help me along a bit.  I never finish anything, but I'd really like to finish this.  I'm not quite sure of the steps needed to do it and if I ever do finish it, I don't know anything about the publishing industry so it may never happen, but I will still try.  S'more anyone?

Alex's birthday party is coming up a week from Saturday.  We're doing a bowling party this year and I've decided to make t-shirts for all the kids. I need to get working on them this weekend.  Hopefully it won't be too difficult.  It's supposed to snow/sleet/freezing rain anyway, so this should give me a good indoor project.

On a final note, is it spring yet?  I am so ready for warmer weather, if just to get outside more.  I'm getting so excited for camping this year.  Andrew will finally be old enough to go and not be too much trouble (even though we have already camped with him once).  We have a camping trip planned for Spring break and I'm hoping to plan another one for Memorial Day weekend.  Maybe Stone Mountain?  Spring and summer can't get here fast enough.  Unfortunately it's still January, but a little wishful thinking never hurt anyone right?

No comments:

Post a Comment