Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Projects for the new year

So I'm looking forward to getting started on the projects for the new year.  Alex and I went to buy paint for his room today- a nice blue grey color.  I'm hoping to use it in his bedroom and in the downstairs bathroom.  We're going to paint some letters in different colors on his walls after painting blue. I'm also hoping to finally get the circles painted on Andrew's wall.  I plan to buy a space saver for the downstairs bathroom as well.  Alex and I are going to share the sewing room.  After we get rid of the extra chair up there and get the room painted, we'll set it up a bit better than it is now.  I'm also hoping to work on the deck a bit more this summer, although I suppose it will depend on how the deck and water heater hold out.

I'm finally starting to feel settled in North Carolina and see a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm hoping to get a bit more involved in "non neighborhood" activities this year as well.  I'm going to try and start up a book club outside the neighborhood and I've also joined a couple new groups; a natural living group and a MOMs group through church.  We have a couple of fun trips planned this year as well.  We're taking a camping trip in April, maybe another in June, a trip to Vermont in June/July for our 10 year anniversary, another trip back up to Delaware most likely in August, and perhaps a family trip of some sort for Christmas if we head to Phoenix again.  I'd love to take a trip back to Texas at some point as well.  We'll have to see how it goes with Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment