Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Beginnings

Eight weeks ago I began a journey at my church called MOMs and last night was the culmination of that time.  What a great group of ladies and a fabulous experience this was!  If I felt like I was different from everyone here in Charlotte, I don't anymore.  The women in my group were amazing and I feel like I will make some lasting friendships from it.  It also helped me to really get in better touch with myself and how I project myself to others.  I only wish I could take it a second time.  I can always moderate a new group, but I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about that still, so we shall see.  I challenge anyone that's not feeling connected to their church or themselves to get more involved with some of the groups and events their church sponsors.  I promise not only will it bring you closer to God, but it will also help bring you closer to yourself and others around you.  It definitely made a big church seem a little bit smaller to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment