Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Joys of Poop

If you have small kids like I do, then you probably understand the joys of poop.  You understand that when your fifteen month old walks up to you as your sitting in the family room blogging on your computer and throws a piece of poop fresh from his backside at your face and smiles, that this is just the beginning of your problems.  And, you would think, as a mom of three small boys I would understand that you NEVER leave a 15 month old alone without a diaper on for more than about 15 seconds.  But of course you'd be wrong.

So that poop at my face?  Yep, you guessed it.  I traced it back to a small art project in the kitchen where he had walked through it and sat in it.  It was, or course, trailed through the kitchen and into the pantry.  It was all over his legs, his rear end, and his arms.  Say it with me, EWWWW.

As I proceeded to give him an impromptu bath in the kitchen sink, I decided I needed to start counting down the days until the last child is officially potty trained.  But then again, with three boys, is that even possible?  If you have multiple boys you know what I mean.  They may not be going in their pants anymore, but that doesn't mean they're not missing aim; sometimes quite a bit I must add.  I've cleaned  pee off the surrounding floor, the shower curtain next to the toilet, the blinds and the windows.  Sometimes I wonder how the heck they get it where they do.

We finally broke down and invested in some targets for the kids toilets and I'm happy to report that they are working.  The pee seems to have cleared the windows, blinds and curtains for now.  All though I still occasionally find a puddle on the floor.

So if you have boys, I'd love to know your thoughts on ways to contain their you know what to the you know where.

6 comments:

  1. Haha I love this post. Even though its gross because I've been there many times! I have found a few art projects from my son and his poo in the past. Although he is potty trained as of two weeks ago, he still doesnt have good aim! I may have to invest in some targets pretty soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwwwww! With 4 boys I've had more then my fair share of poop related yuckiness, but I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of having it thrown in my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boy is not old enough yet. Target - good to know. We are getting close to potty training and it scares the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the joys of potty training!! It's so hard to potty train the younger siblings. I only have one boy and so far he's not done anything poop related but my oldest made up for it in spades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I am chuckling so hard! Sounds like you live in my house! I have three boys, too, but also grateful to have a girl (the oldest) to help me corral the wild boys here! You have wonderful blogs, your food & family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I have a boy in potty training now and a baby that likes to eat out of the toilet! I never knew life as a parent would be so --digusting! It's a good thing little boys also happen to be so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete