Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm late! I'm late! For a very Important Date!

Well, with only six days left in the school year, I finally did it.  I forgot to set my alarm clock and woke up only 5 minutes before Nicholas was supposed to leave for school.  Yikes!  Have you ever done that before?  There's that first minute where you wake up and think, "man, do I feel great this morning, I wonder what I did different?"  And then there's the realization like a brick over the head; that "OH CRAP, I slept in!"

I'm running down the hall like a woman possessed telling Nick we have to get dressed NOW.  And he just comes down the ladder and says, "Mom, it's ok.  I laid out my clothes the night before and I'll take my breakfast in the car (we drive him instead of him taking the bus, incidentally so that Mommy can have an extra half hour sleep.  Apparently she needs more). 

That boy is wise beyond his years.  Just being around his calm presence this morning calmed me and  believe it or not, he was dressed and out the door in 10 minutes with lunch in hand (and breakfast as well).

Thank goodness there's only five more days of waking up.  If there's one thing to look forward to with summer break, it's not having to set the dreaded alarm.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for summer break for this very reason! Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment. It looks like my youngest 3 and your 3 are around the same ages: Mine are 4.5, 2.5 and 16 months. Makes for a very full day, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. What a smart little guy! I've done this way too many times. Thankfully we've only missed the bus once.

    ReplyDelete